Sakura

Trinity In Japan

10.27.2006

Watashi Wa Imas

I had my second Japanese lesson yesterday. It was fun. I have to admit, I feel really excited after the hour of choppy sentences and vocab building. I know I have barely touched the basics but I can feel myself entering into this new world... OK, yeah corny, I know. Actually, I've already entered the new world, its called Japan. Now, I'm just learning the skills to successfully live here. With each lesson, new doors open. I can tell time and, how exciting is this, when the woman at the post office told me how much I owed her, I knew how much it was without looking at the register. Baby steps, yes, but I'm working on it. Unless you've been to a place where you didn't speak a single word of the language, you wouldn't understand how thrilling it is to finally be able to recognize a word or phrase. After a few months I am going to attempt the reading and the writing part. This will be a whole new ballgame. I can't wait to write letters to people in kanji, or katakana, or hiragana, or maybe I'll just make something up that looks Japanese because no one will know any better.

2 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trin,
the only word i now is compi.

By the way, compi!!

Love dad

 
At 11/01/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Trinity said...

kam pai!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home