Sakura

Trinity In Japan

10.27.2006

First Snow of the Year!

Ah! I just found out today that Fukushima had its first snowfall of the season! One of my students mentioned to me today that yesterday, Wednesday the 25th, it snowed in the mountains surrounding the city. It makes sense. It rained straight from Tuesday through Wednesday and the temperature in the city was 8 - 12 degrees Celsius (40 - 50 Fahrenheit) so I imagine that made for perfect snowing conditions in the mountains. (Not that I know anything about perfect snowing conditions). For those of you who are unaware, Fukushima City is in a basin surrounded by mountains. Its very beautiful but it makes for strange weather. I am told that, within the next few weeks, we should be able to see snow on the tops of the mountains. How exciting! I can definitely wait a while before the snow starts in the city but I am very eager to see it on the mountain tops.

3 Comments:

At 10/26/2006 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah.. you are going to freeze your ass off... but its cool.. how often do you get to be in snow in florida? might as well enjoy it... go snowboarding!

 
At 11/01/2006 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trin, are you making enough yen to buy snow shoes?

Love dad

 
At 11/01/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Trinity said...

Not really, do you have a spare few thousand yen I could borrow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home